Monday, May 31, 2010

Surrounding Myself with Good Judgement

I have no excuse expect LIFE for my delayed post. The good news is that I am now a sponsored athlete!

Carrie McCoy, former Ohio State Triathlon team member and current Team USA member is my coach! She coaches beginner and intermediate triathletes through her team Justtri and I would advise anybody who is interested to check out her website http://www.justtri.net. Bikesource is taking care of all my bike maintenance needs as well as providing a discount for parts. I am so fortunate and aware that I owe the universe:)

I officially joined the Justtri team this weekend with a brick workout...My first. I was nervous, but positive. I believe negative energy will suck the life out of you and making it through any long workout is 95% MENTAL.

The workout: 3mile run, 18mile bike, 3mile run, 18mile bike, 3mile run. Eighty five degrees and after the first bike/ride my skin was blistering (even with spf) and I had goosebumps (not a good sign, but frustrating b/c I had been hydrating during the drive up and the first bike). On the last hill of that second bike route I fizzled. I thought I was either going to throw up or die...neither a pleasant way to end a workout (there's that other 5%). Collected myself and got back on the bike. My chain fell off. Ummm, a sign? God saying, "JACQUE! HELLO!!!????" Chain was fixed, rode the final stretch into the team transition and Coach stops me and tells me I am done. No final run for me. Disappointed? Hating my body? Yes and yes. Secretly appreciative?..yep, think so.

Here's where surrounding myself with good judgement comes into play. Today, Monday, I am waking up to my 2nd full day of headache and fatigue. I am STILL dehydrated from Saturday's brick. Coach, who was of sound mind and judgement on Saturday, pulled me from finishing. She can make calls that, for me, are too emotional.

Sometimes others do know best (quite the epiphany for me)! Especially when they are trained professionals!!!!

Thanks to my coach for not allowing me to kill myself. Much appreciated!

Today begins another week of training. Fifteen weeks until Ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment