Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Frogger, Drowning and Other Hazards

Let's visit some daily issues. .

Hazard 1: Revisiting Frogger. Back roads and city streets can be dangerous. Especially when you are a highschool teacher and the area you are running in begs for drive bys of students after their practices/extra curriculars in which they think it's funny to honk the horn, scaring the shit out of you, or yell something you can't quite make out, but are sure would earn them a detention. Thank God the kids in that school actually LIKE me, otherwise, I may find myself ditch diving on a daily basis.

Hazard 2: Think the sweatiest person you have ever seen, add another bucket of sweat, and you may have an image of what I look like during/after a workout. Seriously, ring out my clothes after a workout and you could provide enough fluid for a small village to never go thirsty again. This is what I looked like when I walked back into the YMCA, saw a student and he did a double take saying, "Ms. Christian? Oh, hi." Oh well, not nearly as bad as changing my clothes in front of our entire girl's swim team while training during swim season...a story for another day perhaps.

Hazard 3: Shrek feet. Or at least what I would imagine them to look like. I have never had pretty feet because I have always been a runner, which has lead to two toe nails falling off and five blood blisters under toe nails that need to be drained in order to NOT lose another toe nail...this is a whole new low though. I need intervention soon or flip flops will not be in my future. .boo

Hazard 4: Cramping. Cramping in my foot while swimming that caused my life to flash before my eyes as I came up out of my stroke, inhaled a considerable amount of water, began to cough while trying to grab said foot without my head going back underwater while making my way back to the wall. But, hey, as long as it doesn't make the lifegaurds feel obligated to GET UP OUT OF THEIR CHAIRS AND WIPE THE DAZED LOOK OFF THEIR FACES then I am just glad to give them a good laugh :)
Wow! Glad I didn't put you out there ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment